If you google green smoothie recipes, you will find hundreds of different recipes. Green smoothies are great to boost your fruit and vegetable intake and improve your overall health. In this blog post I share the exact recipe I use when I make myself or my husband a green smoothie. It’s super simple and you only need 5 ingredients!
- 1 banana
- 1 big apple OR 2 small apples
- 1-2 handfulls of spinach or greens
- 3/4 cup of almond milk
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
- Blender (I use a ninja blender)
- cutting board
When I started making green smoothies for myself, I was overwhelmed with the endless green smoothie recipes online that required ingredients I did not have on hand and ingredients I’ve never heard of before (before I was vegetarian). I narrowed it down to these 5 ingredients and I’ve used this recipe for about 3 years now. I do it the same way each time unless I don’t have one of the ingredients then I substitute it with something else (for example: mango instead of apple). I like this recipe because it’s super simple and these are ingredients that you are most likely going to always have on hand and are available year round at grocery stores.
- Peel banana, cut it in half or into 4 chunks and add to blender.
- Cut apple into slices and add to blender (no need to peel apple)
- Add 1-2 handfuls of spinach or greens to the blender (make sure they are washed first)
- Add 3/4 cup of almond milk to blender (you may use 1 cup of almond milk if you like the flavor or use water instead)
- Blend all together in blender until smooth and creamy. Time depends on your blender (anywhere between 30 seconds to 1 and half minutes).
- Pour into your drinking container of choice (glass, cup, mug).
- Add chia seeds to smoothie
- You can store smoothie in the fridge with a lid on it, but I don’t recommend leaving it in the fridge for too long. It’s best to enjoy it immediately or leave in the fridge for a couple hours for later.
I hope you found this recipe helpful and or inspires you to make your own version of a green smoothie! I love this green smoothie recipe so much and I try to make it on a daily basis.
Do you have a go to smoothie recipe? Let me know in the comment section below!
Thank you for reading! If you would like to see more, follow me on Instagram @Somedayillbeontime, like my page on Facebook @Somedaillbeontime, and follow me on Pinterest @Somedayillbeontime. I am also on Bloglovin’.